Hilo is a Windows Store app I helped patterns & practices to develop earlier in the year. The app, developed using C++ and XAML, is an end-to-end app that demonstrates modern development practices for building Windows Store apps. The app, along with the accompanying guidance documentation, demonstrates to Windows Store app developers how to:
- Implement common functionality for apps, such as tiles, pages, controls, navigation, file system integration, and suspend/resume.
- Implement the Model-View-ViewModel (MVVM) and Repository patterns.
- Use modern C++ effectively in apps.
- Implement asynchronous programming to make an app fast and fluid.
- Use Accelerated Massive Parallelism (AMP) to offload intensive computation to the GPU.
- Make an app ready for the global market.
- Test and app and tune its performance.